General Liability Insurance
General Liability Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
General Liability Insurance Information
If your business is deemed responsible for causing harm to a third party, you could face significant costs (e.g., legal fees, medical bills) with the potential for serious financial ramifications. Commercial general liability insurance, also known as business liability insurance, can protect your business from paying out of pocket for these losses.
We’re here to help you find the right commercial general liability insurance policy for your business. Contact Schaffner Insurance Agency in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, for more information on our coverage solutions and to speak to an insurance agent today.
What Is Commercial General Liability Insurance?
A commercial general liability insurance policy can protect your business from costs associated with allegations that your business caused property damage or bodily injury to a third party. These policies are a legally binding agreement between you and your insurance company that can protect you from common liability claims.
What Does Commercial General Liability Insurance Cover?
Although individual policies may vary, commercial general liability insurance can protect your business from various losses arising from your business’ everyday operations.
The following are examples of common coverages in a commercial general liability policy:
Contact Schaffner Insurance Agency
- Personal and advertising injury may pay for legal fees arising from allegations that your business published false or misleading statements, stole advertising ideas or caused personal injury to a third party (e.g., false arrest, libel).
- Completed operations liability can help pay for repairs or replacements arising from damage caused to third-party property due to your completed services.
- Property damage coverage may pay for damages your business causes to a third party’s property during normal business operations.
- Bodily injury can pay for medical expenses, legal fees, lost wages and other costs arising from harm your business causes to a third party.
- Commercial general liability insurance can be a good starting place for protecting your business. The claims that fall under a general liability insurance policy are not uncommon and can be costly. Depending on the work your business does, you may also benefit from additional types of liability insurance, such as commercial auto or commercial umbrella.
to learn more about the business insurance we offer.
Commercial General Liability Insurance vs. Product Liability Insurance
If your business sells finished products (e.g., toys, food), you’re probably aware of the severe financial ramifications of product recalls, product defects and other issues associated with injuries stemming from your products. Product recalls and claims that using your product has caused bodily injury or property damage are not usually covered under a commercial general liability policy.
To protect your business from costly out-of-pocket expenses, you may consider purchasing a product liability policy. These policies may cover claims arising from the following:
- Strict liability
- Design defects
- Improper warnings
- Manufacturing defects
Speak to your insurance agent today to learn if your business could benefit from more coverage.
Getting Commercial General Liability Insurance
At Schaffner Insurance Agency, we make protecting your business our top priority. Contact us today to learn more about our business insurance coverage and to get a free commercial general liability insurance quote.